How to Buy, Install, and Maintain Kitchen Taps
Beyond a tap’s functional significance, these components contribute to the overall aesthetic appeal of the kitchen. For example, modern faucets serve as visual focal points that complement the design and style of the space.
This article explores the various facets of kitchen taps—their designs, materials, placements, installation, and maintenance. Most importantly, we’ll help you find the best kitchen tap supplier and installer in New Zealand. Read on!
The Role of Kitchen Taps in Functionality and Style
Kitchen taps are not mere accessories. They are irreplaceable fixtures that simplify daily chores.
Whether it’s a single-handle faucet for easy temperature control or a touch-sensitive option for hands-free operation, the functionality of a tap significantly influences the kitchen’s efficiency.
Visual and Style Fixtures
Beyond functionality, kitchen taps contribute to the overall aesthetic appeal of a kitchen.
Modern kitchens often feature sleek, minimalist designs, whilst traditional kitchens may showcase ornate and classic tap styles. Your choice should depend on your preference and the theme of the kitchen.
Available Kitchen Tap Designs in NZ
Single-Handle Taps: Effortless Functionality and Elegance
Single-handle taps are favourites for their simplicity and ease of use. With a single lever, you can control water temperature and flow. The ergonomic design also ensures convenience and adds a touch of modern elegance to your kitchen space.
Double-Handle Taps: Precision in Temperature Control
Do you prefer precision in controlling hot and cold water separately? If so, double-handle kitchen taps should be perfect. These taps come with two distinct handles, allowing users to fine-tune the water temperature according to their preferences. Beyond functionality, they bring a classic charm to traditional kitchen settings.
Pull-Out Taps: Versatility at Your Fingertips
Pull-out taps redefine versatility by featuring a retractable spray hose. This innovative design lets you extend the tap’s reach, making it convenient for filling pots or washing large dishes. The adaptability of pull-out taps makes them an excellent choice for busy kitchens where flexibility is paramount.
Wall-Mounted Taps: Space-Saving Sophistication
Does your kitchen have limited counter space? The solution is a wall-mounted tap affixed to the Wall above the sink, freeing up valuable counter space. Beyond their practicality, wall-mounted taps contribute to a modern, sophisticated kitchen ambience.
These taps come in varying materials.
Most Popular Materials of Efficient and Stylish Kitchen Taps
Stainless Steel: The Epitome of Durability and Corrosion Resistance
Stainless steel taps stand as a testament to durability and corrosion resistance. Renowned for their longevity, these taps will withstand the rigours of daily use whilst offering a sleek and polished appearance. The neutral tone of stainless steel complements various kitchen styles, making it a versatile and enduring choice.
Brass: Elegance with Endurance
For those seeking an infusion of elegance and longevity, go for brass. The warm, golden tones of brass bring a touch of luxury to the kitchen, creating a focal point that transcends trends. Beyond aesthetics, brass taps are known for their resilience, making them a durable investment for your kitchen.
Chrome: Modern Aesthetics in a Sleek Finish
Chrome taps exude contemporary charm with their sleek and reflective finishes. The lustrous texture adds a modern touch to the kitchen and is easy to clean and maintain. Chrome taps effortlessly blend with various design styles, making them a popular choice for those seeking a balance between form and function.
Plastic: Budget-Friendly Versatility
Available in a myriad of styles and colours, plastic taps provide an affordable yet customisable solution for kitchens. Although not as durable as their metal counterparts, they remain a practical choice for those on a budget.
Where Can I Place My Kitchen Tap?
- Above The Sink: Ensures convenient access whilst washing dishes.
- Mounted on The Wall: Ideal for minimalist designs and small kitchens.
- On The Island: Perfect for large kitchens with central workspaces.
How Do I Install My Kitchen Tap?
- Ensure you have a wrench, plumber’s tape, and silicone sealant.
- Turn off the water supply. You can find the shut-off valves under the sink to turn off your home’s water supply.
- Use a wrench to disconnect the old faucet and remove any remaining components.
- Follow the kitchen tap manufacturer’s instructions when installing the new faucet. Don’t forget to secure it tightly!
- Run the water supply and examine the tap for any leaks. Tighten connections if necessary.
How Do I Maintain My Kitchen Tap?
- Wipe the tap regularly to prevent the buildup of grime and limescale.
- Address any leaks or malfunctions promptly to prevent more damage.
- Use mild cleaning agents to avoid damaging the tap’s finish.
Sounds taxing? You can ask a professional kitchen tap supplier and installer for help.
How to Find the Best Kitchen Tap Supplier and Installer
- Choose a local tap supplier with positive reviews and a good reputation for quality products.
- Ensure the tap comes with a warranty for added peace of mind.
- Opt for a supplier that provides professional installation services for a hassle-free experience.
Follow all these tips to enjoy the benefits of this home improvement! Ready to buy your new kitchen tap? Contact your local tapware suppliers today!